This prompt I got from a 30 day writing prompt challenge that I’ve been doing on my Livejournal (Yea, people still use that!) and thought I would share this one in both places.
Day 6: 30 Facts About Yourself
1. Every day is a struggle with anxiety and depression – This has been something I’ve been dealing with for over 12+ years now. I try to not let my mental illness control my life, but it does.
2. I’m a collector. A few of the things I collect: Hello Kitty, Pandas, Writing Utensils, Art & Craft Supplies, Cook Books, Lucky Cats, Owls, Domo-kun, Vinyl Records, Stationery, Journals, Smashed Pennies, Stickers, Shot & Pint Glasses, Snoopy.
3. I was in the Color Guard & Winter Guard when I was in high school. I was a total dweebus, but I loved it.
4. I’ve had some sort of website since late 1999. My first domain name was rainbow-dust.org. I also owned glow-star.net & euphoria.nu once upon a time.
5. I hate the texture of fruit, but love eating it. If its not a strawberry or banana, chances are it gets blended into a smoothie before I consume.
6. I don’t Facebook. Ok, I have an active account, but only to keep in touch with my mom and to keep up with events that I am interested in going to, but that’s it. I would totally delete my account if I didn’t need it to communicate with my mom (Her communication method of choice). I used to spend hours a day scrolling through my feed mainly out of boredom, but I hated pretty much everything I saw. I don’t care about your babies, your vacation, or what you had for lunch. It can also get pretty depressing for me, to be honest.
7. I’ve been playing World of Warcraft since 2006. That’s 9 years! Holy crap. I used to be mega obsessed with it, but now my interest comes and goes and I only play it casually.
8. I am not religious nor have I ever been, but I did used to go to church when I was younger and in middle school, but only for the social aspect.
9. I have over 9000 (Its over 9000!) photos on my Flickr. That’s 10 years worth of photos.
10. Don’t like scary stuff, but I am a lot better about it than I used to be when I was younger. I prefer sunshine & rainbows rather than gore & guts.
11. I am a very vivid dreamer. Sometimes I have trouble telling apart what’s a dream and what is real life. I also experience lucid dreams.
12. 32 out of 50 states have been visited. Favorite states: Montana & Oregon.
13. Previous jobs I have had – Cashier at Wendy’s, Internet Technical Support, Cashier at Target, Call center for Recalled products. Jobs I have attempted to do but failed because of anxiety: Dog washer at Petsmart, NOC center call agent, hair washer at a salon, Call Center for Gift Tree. I suck at life.
14. My bedtime routine is pretty important. I like to get a shower around 9-10pm and then lay in bed watching 1 – 2 hours of shows on the laptop. I usually have a cup of Sleepytime with loose leaf ginger mixed in with possibly a snack.
15. Favorite colors: Aqua, Mint Green, Yellow, Grey, Black. But really though, rainbows.
16. I’ve had my dog Oscar for five years. He is pretty much the reason I get up most days.
17. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
18. I’ve studied French & Spanish languages for a few years each, but now I am currently learning Japanese.
19. Favorite Band of all time: Modest Mouse.
20. I am heavily tattooed & have stretched ears.
21. I’m left-handed, but only when it comes to eating and writing. Everything else I pretty much do right-handed.
23. I despise most internet lingo. I especially hate that word for self portrait. I refuse to even type it, much less say it.
24. If I could go anywhere in the world it would probably be New Zealand.
25. Don’t ever want children. Can’t stand them. Not for me. NOPE. NEVER.
26. I am pretty confident in my body, but if I were to change anything I would definitely get a boob job (to make them smaller & perkier).
27. My dream car is a Mini Cooper. I currently drive a 2003 VW Beetle that’s pretty beat up.
28. I have driven cross-country by myself twice.
29. I have been in some sort of relationship since I was 14 years old with very little break, if any, between them. I dream of the day for when I can be alone.
30. A few years ago I did something to my foot and ever since it pretty much hurts if I don’t wear shoes of some sort. So, I wear a pair of pink crocs around the house. I am pretty embarrassed to admit this, but they really do help the pain in my foot.